Please choose your item carefully using the below drop box, as some items may not represent the picture – if you have any questions please feel free to contact us before placing your order
Galvanic Rust Protection
CRC Bright Zinc’s unique formulation combines superior rust inhibiting properties of zinc with a tough but flexible resin coating for heavy-duty protection and a bright finish of new galvanising.
This organo-zinc coating provides an effective barrier for protection of treated surfaces from environmental conditions like moisture, humidity, water and heat while the zinc particles – due to sacrificial anodisation of zinc – stop rust and rust creepage if the coating is scratched, abraded or dented.
CRC Bright Zinc provides a gloss top-coat finish, but unlike standard paint systems, resists undercutting and blistering from corrosion. It is ideal for touch-up and repair of damaged galvanised surfaces and is effective long-term rust protection with the bright look of a newly galvanised surface.
CRC Bright Zinc provides excellent cover and is capable to be applied as a heavy film for extra protection without forming runs, delivered from a unique aerosol system giving a smooth even coat. Ongoing protection can be achieved through simple re-coating within 5 years, depending on conditions. Protection in extreme conditions may require re-application more frequently.
Features & Benefits
- Zinc-rich – More than 50% highest purity zinc in the dried film, embedded in a protective enamel coating
- Protective Coating – Resistant to salt corrosion, water and heat. Powerful protection in harsh conditions
- Bright galvanised finish – Ideal for repairing damaged galvanised surfaces to restore rust protection
- Heat Resistance – Up to 120°C
- Long-term corrosion protection – Corrosion Protection Factor 60 (up to 5 years outdoors before recoating is necessary, depending on conditions)
- Sacrificial anodisation of Zinc – Stops rust and rust creepage even when scratched, abraded or dented
- Fast drying – Touch dry in 20 minutes, recoat immediately, full cure in 24 hours
- Easy re-application over existing film and/or clean surfaces – For ongoing protection
- Single coat – No overcoating required. For additional protection, prime the metal surface with CRC Zinc It prior to applying CRC Bright Zinc
- Ready to Use Aerosol – No additional mixing or chemical additives required. Easy application. No clean up
- Does not contain CFCs, methylene chloride
- MPI Approved C23
- Farm equipment – Water tanks, tank stands, fences, gates, animal raceways in milking sheds and yards, farm implements and tractor draw bars, metal junction, terminal boxes, pump equipment, corrugated metal buildings
- Boats and boat trailers – Shackles, winches, draw bars, subframes, wheel and guards
- Car or caravan – Inner door panels, tow bars, exhaust tail pipes and wheel protection under hub caps
- At home – On iron railings, roofing and spouting, gutters, plumbing, ducting, radio and TV aerials, outdoor fixtures, hinges, fences and gates, wrought iron, air conditioning and refrigeration units
- Industrial – Equipment and machinery, machine housings
- For use on steel or iron – Not effective when used on non-ferrous metals