Please choose your item carefully using the below drop box, as some items may not represent the picture – if you have any questions please feel free to contact us before placing your order
Anti-Corrosive Coating / Rust Protection
CRC Coloured Zinc’s unique formulation combines superior rust inhibiting properties of zinc with a tough but flexible enamel coating and a coloured satin finish in recognised safety colours.
High levels of anti-corrosive zinc complexes are embedded in a resin system which forms a quick-drying highly-protective enamel coating with excellent adhesion to bare metal.
CRC Coloured Zinc provides a satin top-coat finish but unlike standard paint systems, resists undercutting and blistering from corrosion by forming an effective corrosion barrier.
For ultimate protection, prime the metal surface with CRC Zinc It prior to applying CRC Coloured Zinc. To achieve a high film build, use CRC Prep It as an intermediate coat if required.
Ongoing protection can be achieved through simple re-coating after 3 years, depending on conditions. Protection in extreme conditions may require re-application more frequently.
Features & Benefits
- Zinc enriched for corrosion protection – High levels of anti-corrosive zinc complexes in the dried film, embedded in a protective enamel coating
- Satin finish
- Safety – Colours conform to British Safety Colour standards
- Excellent adhesive qualities – Forms a tough coat for long-term protection
- Heat Resistance – Up to 120°C
- Corrosion protection – Corrosion Protection Factor 36 (up to 3 years before needing to recoat, depending on conditions)
- Fast drying – Touch dry in 20 minutes, recoat within 30 minutes, full cure in 24 hours
- Easy re-application over existing film and/or clean surfaces – For ongoing protection
- Single coat – No overcoating required. For additional protection, prime metal surface with CRC Zinc It or CRC Prep It prior to applying CRC Coloured Zinc
- Ready to Use Aerosol – No additional mixing or chemical additives required. Easy application. No clean up
- Does not contain CFCs, methylene chloride
- MPI Approved C23
- ATV A-arms, tow bars, carrier racks and frames. Trailers, drawbars, panels, tanks . Anything that needs a highly protective rust proof coating.
- Protection + finish in one application – Where a coloured finish is required
- Structural steel or frames – Welded seams, spot welding repairs, rivet holes, signs and signposts, pipes, roofs
- Farm equipment – Water tanks, tank stands, fences, gates, animal raceways in milking sheds and yards, farm implements and tractor draw bars, metal junction, terminal boxes, pump equipment, corrugated metal buildings
- Boats and boat trailers – Shackles, winches, draw bars, subframes, wheel and guards
- Car or caravan – Inner door panels, tow bars, exhaust tail pipes and wheel protection under hub caps
- Perfect touch-up – For galvanised products which have been cut, drilled or welded
- At home – On iron railings, roofing and spouting, gutters, plumbing, ducting, radio and TV aerials, outdoor fixtures, hinges, fences and gates, wrought iron, air conditioning and refrigeration units
- Industrial – Equipment and machinery, machine housings
- Wherever iron or steel needs protection and a coloured satin finish is required